Sunday, March 20, 2016

Dreaming


Tonight I'm dreaming.  I'm dreaming of what I would be if I weren't a teacher.  Have you ever thought about that?  Has anyone ever asked you that?  When I was in 8th grade, I wanted to be a paramedic.  I think I even wrote a poem about it for my poster about me.  I carried this dream all through high school, even up to the day I went and visited a college.  I don't know what changed my mind, but when asked what my major would be I said "Education" without even thinking. 

Buuuuuutttttt......if I lived in a world where money was not a worry.  Where I could choose whatever job my pretty little heart desired, I would choose to be a.......... Baby Rocker.  Babies are my thing.  I love, love, love babies.  I love their smell, their little cry (not at 3 am), their little toes and fingers. How they move and stretch.  I just love it all.  I love snuggling them, right up in my neck. hahaha  I'm lucky because right at the moment, we have a new baby in the family.  My sister had a baby about a month ago.  My baby fix..... fixed. :)  When I retire, I'm going to volunteer somewhere and just snuggle the heck out of some poor unsuspecting little babies. We will be giving each other just what we need, when we need it. :)  

What would you do if you didn't have the job you have?

From my Brown eyes to yours.....

23 comments:

  1. I think I'd be a guest reader at the library. I love reading to little kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny, we were just talking at work being baby rockers~ it is the goal of one of the teachers who is retiring this year. I want to work in a flower shop- just play with pretty flowers every day, then go home only to come back to smell the roses again the next day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So funny!!! A flower shop sounds like an awesome job! You'd get to bring so much joy to people's lives.

      Delete
  3. I love babies too! My brother has a 3 month old and I just don't see her enough, but when I do I hold her nearly nonstop! My ovaries hurt holding her! ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha! I love that! Babies are so sweet and special.

      Delete
  4. I love this, a Baby Rocker! If money were no option, I'd be a professional volunteer and travel the world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And babies need this close touch to thrive. How lovely. Now that I am retired (and being a teacher was the only thing I wanted to be), I am now pursuing writing and art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing and art?!?! Beautiful. A great expression of who you are.

      Delete
  6. I would make sack lunches for people and put little personalized notes inside. I'd like to have an affordable, drive-through restaurant where people order lunches for the week and I make them and send them on their way with a tasty lunch and a note to make them smile! I love the baby rocking job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would come to your restaurant! I LOVE that idea!!!!! You need to do it!

      Delete
  7. Awesome! A baby rocker. I would be a reader for story times for sure! I love reading aloud. I've actually thought it would be fun to read for audio books...but apparently that's a big deal of a job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be such a sweet job! I did not even know that an audio book reader was a big job! GO for it!!! :)

      Delete
  8. Well, I might borrow my younger son's idea from when he was about 10, he wanted to be a tourist!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your post has me thinking!

    I started to think librarian. Organizing books, recommending books, reading books to children...and on and on...sounds heavenly.

    Then I was thinking a coordinator for a place like the Princess Margaret Lodge where we stayed in Toronto while Jim was having radiation. You just gave me an idea for a slice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love what you're thinking. You're so kind and compassionate!

      Delete
  10. A travel writer, publishing flourishing books about all the places I can visit because the trip is paid for by the publisher. :) One can dream. Thanks for inspiring me to dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like an amazing job!!! Go for it!

      Delete
  11. A baby rocker! What an awesome job! I think you should sign my husband up as he adores babies! It was such fun to read about what other people would do. I'm still pondering...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you found what your "dream" job would be. :)

      Delete
  12. A baby rocker! What an awesome job! I think you should sign my husband up as he adores babies! It was such fun to read about what other people would do. I'm still pondering...

    ReplyDelete